Senior Health & Safety Consultant - PSDP - Dublin Based Project Management Consultancy
Salary Range: Excellent base salary (doe) + package (Incl, Car Allowance, Pension, Laptop, Phone… )
Our Client - is a quality driven, international construction and management consultancy recognised for the value they bring to our clients. From a global network of offices, they provide a full range of consultancy services designed to deliver effective solutions for clients in any sphere of private and public sector activity, anywhere in the world. They provide a broad spectrum of Safety, Health & Quality (SHQ) services across both property and infrastructure sectors, managing delivery of these services across an extensive range of project / programme values ranging from €5m-€400m.
Over the past number of decades their teams have lead some of the most significant projects in the history of the state and have recently been appointed to lead the PSDP for a number significant project. They also act as SHQ auditors and advisors to Blue Chip and Public Sector clients.
We are instructed to assist in the recruitment of an experienced Health & Safety Consultant with a track record in delivering H&S advisory services across a broad range of projects and programmes.
On appointment, the successful candidate would become immediately involved in the delivery of a consultancy project with one of the companies key clients, this is an Audit and Advisory contract.
The candidate will be responsible managing their own portfolio of with full support from the organisation.
Our client are keen to offer candidates the opportunity to diversify and gain experience in other industry sectors and other areas of work within the business unit. Once established and up an running on their initial assignment you will be invited to contribute to other projects in their portfolio, within PSDP, Quality Management or other aspects of H&S Consultancy.
The role affords a number of opportunities for the successful candidate i.e. sharing in the development and expansion of their local and international service delivery model, increasing our service offering to new clients, owner for project outputs and quality of delivery; and be actively be involved in the delivery of the business aspects of the division.The candidate must be able to demonstrate a good track record in contributing to business development, be able to work on your own initiative and be comfortable working in, as well as leading teams.
1. Ensuring provision of deliverables to clients are of suitable quality and that they are issued timely;
2. Maintaining a positive customer (internal and external) relations with clients;
3. Gaining confidence of your clients in becoming their focal point for communication on health & safety matters;
4. Identifying and supporting clients’ expectations in a competitive environment;
5. Supporting business development targets in opening and closing opportunities. Support in the preparation of various proposals and bids;
6. Supporting line management in delivering upon regional targets and goals;
7. Ensuring all aspects of day to day commission management are met and necessary client satisfaction levels are achieved;
8. Responsibility for the quality and commercial delivery aspects of your work and develop skills and share knowledge within the SHQ team
The role reports to SHQ Service Lead for Ireland
Qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience that are essential to the effective performance of the role:
1. Chartered Member of the Institute of Safety & Health (CMIOSH) – preferable (evidence of a candidate’s CPD in working towards full chartership will also be considered)
2. Multi-sector experience desired
3. Full Irish/European driving licence
4. Member of the Association of Project Safety - desirable
5. Be ‘solutions’ driven;
6. Strong project management skills/awareness;
7. Ability to work in partnership with clients (and/or stakeholders) in order to continually deliver high levels of satisfaction, provide effective solutions and resolve issues;
8. Be able to work on own initiative;
9. Be effective as a team player and being creative in establishing effective relationships;
10. Have a strong commercial awareness and be able to identify and pursue business opportunities.
Previous Experience in a Consultancy environment desirable; PSDS - PSDP - H&S Officer
If you are in a main contracting environment and would be interested in investigating opportunities on the consultancy side we would also be interested in talking to you.
Please apply to John Kangley - Phone 01 533 1833
Elysearch & Placement are an Executive Search & Recruitment Consultancy offering permanent staff and contract solutions to clients across the Engineering, Real Estate & Corporate Finance sectors. We currently have active requirements across the island of Ireland and Greater London area. Our experienced consultants all have specific industry expertise enabling us to recruit and match the right people to our clients’ vacancies. The majority of our current live jobs can be seen on the Elysearch & Placement website.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Elysearch and Placement Ltd is an executive search and recruitment company specialising in senior appointments both in Ireland and Internationally. The company was formed by seasoned recruiters, who had enjoyed success both in Ireland and Internationally.
By employing only professional consultants, whose primary goal is to provide a top class, no-nonsense service to our clients, we have developed a track record of success with a wide portfolio of clients. Our success comes from dedication, an honest service and a confidential approach to our services. By doing this we have continued to satisfy the requirements of both employers and job hunters ensuring the right person for the job and the right job for the person.
Our approach has always been hands-on and focuses on building long-term relationships. This is evident from the amount of referrals and repeat custom we receive. Our consultants have considerable experience across industry and have good market knowledge and sector contacts. We continue to be a long-term asset to our clients in their search for suitable additions to their workforce.
To provide clients with a quality service, ensuring that the best and most suited candidate is recruited for the role they wish to fill and also to assist prospective candidates in securing the roles that best suit them, as well as offering real, practical career advice.